Thursday, February 6, 2014

What is Word Prediction? This video explains in MUCH better than I can.

Have you ever tried to explain what Word Prediction technology is to someone who is not familiar with it?  I have done this more times than I can count with students, teachers, parents, and administrators, and it is never as easy as I think it should be.  That is why I was excited to find this nice video by the TextHelp company that explains quickly, simply, and visually what Word Prediction technology is, and what the potential benefits are for a variety of students, including the following groups:
-Students with Learning Disabilities
-ELL students
-Students with Physical Disabilities
-Poor Spellers

One note about the video:  It is made by a specific software company, and explains things based on the way their particular software works, but the basic concepts would apply to any reputable word prediction product out there.  

I am excited to include this short (less than 3 minutes) video in my AT toolbox to share with parents, students, teachers, and administrators in my never-ending quest to share the benefits of word prediction with as many people as I can.  I have posted a link to the video here.  I have also embedded the video into the blog below.  Please enjoy and feel free to share with anyone who would benefit from a simple explanation of the features and benefits of word prediction.  Here is a brief list of people you could share it with:
-Students
-Parents
-Fellow teachers
-Principals
-ELL teachers
-The Tier II or Literacy Coordinator
-The guy next to you at the gym (Ok, maybe not him, but you get the idea)

For more information about Word Prediction options available on a variety of platforms and for a variety of costs, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment